Friday, January 23, 2004

One small blog for man, one giant leap for blogkind.

Hey, what do you know? It actually worked!

First, a little about me for those people who don't know me. I'm 7'4'', I weigh 400 lbs. and I have a dog named Fluffy. Oh wait. That was before the liposuction.

My name is Sean, I am 19 years old, 6'0'', and I weigh around 145 lbs. depending on the type of scale, the time of day, the position of the moon, and how tight my shoes are tied. I live in California and am attending college, though I'm still on my Christmas vacation...in the middle of January. Plus, I have a turtle named Floyd. Really.

Well, my first blog. Pretty exciting stuff. I think that's the first time I've ever typed out the word "blog" before too. It's such a momentous step in my life. I feel as if I've joined an elite group of people: People who can actually call themselves bloggers without breaking into a fit of laughter from how silly the word "blog" sounds.

To me, it sounds like some pathetic creature that was absent on the day Adam named all the animals on Earth, and therefore received the most ridiculous name that Adam could think of, like the Titmouse or the Aardvark or Godzilla or Shaquille O'Neal. Hahaha, Shaquille. Adam must have been on a roll that day.

Either that or it sounds like the name of an ancient caveman of less than average intelligence...


Blog's Wife: "Blog!! Did you wipe your feet before you came in the cave? You got mud all over the dirt! And we have company coming over tonight. Blarg and Blug will be here any minute..."

Blog: "Blog sorry. Blog step in doo-doo."


But back to blogging. Yes, now I am a member of that elite group of people. Now, when people ask me, "Do you Blog?", I can answer them proudly saying, "Huh?"

What can you expect from my future blogs? Only time can tell. One thing is for sure though. I will be publishing my various funny/satirical essays, fables, and short stories that I have written for school assignments over the past few years on here for everyone to read that hasn't already. Also, any new stuff that I write in the upcoming semester (English 101) or in my spare time that is deemed worthy to become blogged will be added. Or just whatever funny things pop into my head or occur during my waking hours. I hope that everyone who reads what I post on this site will walk away with a laugh or two and hopefully I will brighten someone's day just a little.

No comments: