Monday, May 23, 2005

The Best Part of Waking Up...

...evidently isn't all that great unless certain people get their breakfast burritos.

Something needs to be set straight. Just because Taco Bell serves burritos doesn't mean we cater to every type of burrito need. I guess some people just don't know that. Apparently, it's a common misconception that our Taco Bell carries breakfast burritos when in fact, we don't.

1. Last Saturday, I was working from 9-5, and at around 9:30 or so, the first drive-thru customer of my day came, and asked me the following question:

Customer: What do you have for breakfast?
Me: The Taco Bell menu.
Customer: Do you have breakfast burritos?
Me: No we don't...(While I am saying this, he interrupts me and says...)
Customer: I don't see them on the menu.
Me: *rolls eyes*
Customer: Ok, I'll take two breakfast burritos.
Me: We don't have breakfast burritos.
Customer: You don't have breakfast burritos?
Me: No we don't.

And he leaves.

2. The VERY NEXT customer comes through a short while later, and asks the following:

Customer: Do you have breakfast burritos?
Me: No, we don't...

And he leaves.

3. The VERY NEXT customer after that, a woman this time, comes through and asks:

Customer: Do you have coffee?
Me: No we don't, sorry.
Customer: Ok, thanks.

And she leaves.

4. The next customer orders something we actually sell, so that was nice. But the next car to come after him, two ladies, come a-ordering:

Customer: I'll take a small raspberry iced tea and a medium pepsi.
Me: Ok, anything else?
Customer: No thanks.
Me: Ok, $2.35 at the very first window please. Thank you.

So naturally, after my very clear directions, they proceed to drive past the very first window without even glancing at it, so I shout, "Hey! Right here!" The driver stops, backs up, looks at me innocently and says, "Oh, I didn't see you there."

NO KIDDING!! That's what happens when you a) Don't listen to directions, and b) Don't open your eyes and look where you're going. The line, "Oh, I didn't see you there" has about as much validity as saying "Oh, I didn't know that was yours" to the Fire Department after using one of their truck's fire hoses to play with a Slip N' Slide. If I had a nickel for every time someone drove past my window without paying, I'd have enough money to fix a few of the transmissions which will probably retire at an early age due to excessive gear shifting.

No comments: