Sunday, October 08, 2006

Don't You Wonder

I don't have anything else in mind to blog about right now, so I'd like to post my second favorite poem that I've written this semester in my poetry class: "Don't You Wonder".



Don’t You Wonder


Whatever happens when you go to a Mexican
restaurant and they give you chips
and you don’t eat them all
what do they do

Do they throw them away?
Do they feed the birds?
Do they reuse them?
What if they reuse them?

What if someone sneezed on them?
What if someone touched them?
What if someone licked them?
What if that someone was sick?

Maybe they fell on the ground
for longer than five seconds
and got dirty and were stale
so they were put in the toilet to be rehydrated

Or maybe a fat guy was getting hot
and sweaty and all his napkins were
dripping so he used the chips to wipe off
and put them back because he was allergic to flour

Whatever happens when you go to a Mexican
restaurant and they give you chips
Don’t you wonder

No comments: