Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time to Waste

I shall say nothing else save that this is my first elegy (a poem about loss) ever written.



Time to Waste

As I struggle to keep the tears within
I know I cannot hold on much longer
The inevitable soon shall come

A little piece of me is lost
Once again, as always before
And each time you leave me
I find it becomes harder to cope

As I strain to keep you with me
I know I will feel better once you leave
But the struggle within flushes my strength
And leaves me feeling empty again

And when you are relieved
To abandon me
You find solace
Within the depths
floating
until you go, washed away
forever

But I shall not despair, no
There will be others like you again
Though I hope next time
I can savor the moment and relax
I didn’t even get a chance to read my book

No comments: